USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM) – gives you the freedom to assign a custom drive letter to the USB devices that are connected to your computer.
It runs as a Windows service, which means that the logged on user does not require administrative rights in order to modify the drive letters.
• check if the letter is used by a network share of the currently logged on user and assign the next letter that is really available
• reserve letters, so they are not used for local drives
• assign a letter from a list of new default letters, also dependend on many different criteria as the active user, drive type, connection (USB, FireWire), USB port, volume label, size and others
• assign letters for a specific USB drive by putting an INI file on the drive
• remove the drive letters of card readers until a card is inserted
• show a balloon tip with the assigned drive letter(s)
• define autorun events depending on many different criteria
• many other things, see help file, available online as HTML version too