ShotCut – is a simple and user-friendly video editor that offers a series of features and functions to help you adjust and retouch your favorite movies, in just a few clicks of your mouse. The application supports various video, audio and even image formats, so you can work with any type of media you want. The ‘Multi-format Timeline’ enables you to mix and match resolutions as well as framerates throughout an editing project. You can analyze the video frame by frame, allowing you to correct or enhance its every aspect.
Another interesting feature of Shotcut is the fact that it opens and plays MLT XML as clips, so you can even use this application to test such files. In addition, Shotcut allows you to create and play MLT XML playlists, that you can easily encode or stream to a preferred network.
The application also provides you with a number of video filters, such as ‘Blur’, ‘Color Grading’, ‘Crop’, ‘Glow’, ‘Mirror’, ‘Rotate’, ‘Saturation’, ‘Sharpen’, ‘White Balance’ enabling you to fully customize the appearance of your movie, while the ‘Color Wheels’ can be used for color correction and grading.
Moreover, Shotcut enables you to work with a set of audio filters, namely ‘Balance’, ‘Gain’, ‘Pan’, that can prove useful in adjusting several sound issues in your file.
The ‘Encode’ component makes it possible for you to convert your video to numerous output formats, such as M4A, MXF, VOB, FLV, MP4, M2T, MPG, AVI, MOV, OGG, WEBM, and others.
After finishing with the various editing processes that you want to perform on your video, you can stream it using the network protocol scheme, address port and parameters as an URL address.
Shotcut is a comprehensive and efficient media editing tool that offers basic as well as more complex functions, some of which go beyond those of many similar applications, that you can use with confidence.
• Supports numerous audio and video formats and codecs
• Supports many image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF as well as image sequences
• Multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
• Detailed media properties panel
• Recent files panel with search
• Drag-n-drop files from file manager
• Batch encoding with job control
• Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
• Video filters: Blur, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Mirror, Opacity, Rotate, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
• Audio filters: Balance, Copy Channel, Downmix, Gain, Normlize, Pan, Swap Channels
This post was recently updated on April 28, 2022