Prey – The program lets you keep track and find your laptop, phone and tablet whenever stolen or missing – easily and all in one place. It’s lightweight, open source software that gives you full and remote control, 24/7.
You can quickly find out what the thief looks like, what he’s doing on your device and actually where he’s hiding by using GPS or WiFi geopositioning. It’s payback time.
• 100% geolocation aware. Prey uses either the device’s GPS or the nearest WiFi hotspots to triangulate and grab a fix on its location. It’s shockingly accurate.
• Wifi autoconnect. If enabled, Prey will attempt to hook onto to the nearest open WiFi hotspot when no Internet connection is found.
• Light as a feather. Prey has very few dependencies and doesn’t even leave a memory footprint until activated. We care as much as you do.
• Know your enemy. Take a picture of the thief with your laptop’s webcam so you know what he looks like and where he’s hiding. Powerful evidence.
• Watch their movements. Grab a screenshot of the active session — if you’re lucky you may catch the guy logged into his email or Facebook account!
• Keep your data safe. Hide your Outlook or Thunderbird data and optionally remove your stored passwords, so no one will be able to look into your stuff.
• No unauthorized access. Fully lock down your PC, making it unusable unless a specific password is entered. The guy won’t be able to do a thing!
• Scan your hardware. Get a complete list of your PC’s CPU, motherboard, RAM, and BIOS information. Works great when used with Active Mode.
• Full auto updater. Prey can check its current version and automagically fetch and update itself, so you don’t need to manually reinstall each time.
Prey 1.9.10 (54 MB)