BDtoAVCHD – is a tool to create AVCHD discs from Blu-Ray or HD MKV files. As output we get the folder structure ready to burn to a DVD5 or DVD9. The AVCHD format allows playback the same type of content that a Blu-Ray and holding high definition (1080p) but on DVD5 or DVD9 media. It is ideal for backing up Blu-Ray with much smaller size and maintaining high quality. The recorded discs obtained are compatible with almost any Blu-Ray player and PS3. Also can convert Blu-Ray to MKV and Blu-Ray 3D to MKV 3D SBS (side-by-side).
• Finds the main .m2ts file for the movie by just selecting the BDMV folder or Blu-Ray root.
• Extract all information from the audio tracks, video and subtitles: length, language, format, etc.
• Extract chapter information or allows to add it.
• Select default audio track based on the language preferences and most appropriate criteria for the best quality but can also be set manually.
• Calculates the video bitrate to fill the DVD5 / DVD9 (most of the times gets filled between 99-100%).
• Converts audio (only if necessary): PCM to AC3, DTS-HD MA to DTS Core, DTS to AC3, etc.
• Detect delays in the original audio tracks and transfers them to the final job.
• Recompress the video using x264 64-bit if the computer supports it.
• Do not use external codecs like avisynth or ffdshow or Haali splitter in the process of video conversion.
• We can select a forced subtitle track is active by default when playing the disc.
• Allows to program multiple conversions in the queue and execute them one after another automatically.
• Multitasking: be can add new jobs in the queue while processing others.
• Various output sizes: DVD5 / DVD9 / USB 4GB / BD-25 and Custom.
• Ability to create a BD-25 without re-compressing video (BDRemux).
• MKV as alternate output: allows to convert Blu-Ray to MKV recoding the video or without recoding (BDremux).
• 3D ready: from Blu-Ray 3D we can get a AVCHD 3D or MKV 3D SBS/TAB.
• MVC encoding: ability to shrink 3D Blu-Ray to BD25/BD9 maintaining 3D MVC format (Intel Quick Sync encoder).
• Ability to encode MKV’s using x265/HEVC codec.
BDtoAVCHD 2.9.8 (35 MB)