WebTorrent Desktop – is a streaming torrent client that lets you stream torrents, available for Linux, Windows and Mac. You don’t have to wait for it to finish downloading.
WebTorrent Desktop is fast, free, non-commercial & open source. Why? Imagine a peer-to-peer YouTube where viewers help to host the site’s content.
By making BitTorrent easier to use, we can get more people to participate and take the first steps to re-decentralizing the Internet.
• Lightweight, fast torrent app
• Beautiful user experience
• Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
• Instantly stream video and audio
• WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
• Even when the file isn’t fully downloaded, seeking still works.
• (Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
• Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
• Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
• Full-featured, but bloat free
• Opens magnet links and .torrent files
• Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
• Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
• Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)