VMware InstallBuilder Enterprise – is a development tool for building cross-platform installers for desktop and server software.
With InstallBuilder, you can quickly create dynamic, professional installers for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris and other platforms from a single project file and build environment.
In addition to installers, InstallBuilder will generate RPM and Debian packages and multiplatform CDs/DVDs. Automatic update functionality makes it easy to deliver updates directly to users once they have your software installed.
• Powerful UI for Installer Development
• Develop installers using the intuitive GUI or by editing XML-based installer project files.
• Built-in actions automate adding commonly required functionality to installers.
• Make platform-specific customizations while maintaining one project file for all platforms.
• Installers for Any Desktop or Server Environment
• Create installers for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, IRIX, FreeBSD and more.
• Generate RPMs, Debian packages and multi-platform DVDs or CD-ROMs.
• Installers run in GUI, text and unattended modes.
• Included debugger allows you test installers as you develop and pinpoint areas to troubleshoot.
• Command line interface allows for integration with build and test systems.
• “Human friendly” XML-based project files support source control integration and customizing installers using external scripts
• Dynamic Parameter Support
• Enhanced Component Functionality
• Expanded Documentation