vmPing – is a graphical ping utility for monitoring multiple hosts. Numerous host monitors can be added and removed, and each monitor dynamically resizes with the application window. Color-coding allows you to tell at a glance the status of each host.
In addition to standard ICMP pings, you can also perform a TCP ‘port ping’, where the application continuously connects to a specified port and displays whether or not the port is open. A fast trace route utility and a basic packet generator / stress tester is also included.
• Quickly and easily ping multiple hosts.
• Color coding allows you to instantly determine the status of each host. Green means up. Red means down. Orange means error.
• Each host monitor dynamically resizes with the application’s window. Take up your whole screen or reduce everything to a tiny window.
• Probe options to configure the interval between each ping request (anything from 1 second to several hours) and how many seconds until it is considered timed out.
• Monitor TCP ports. vmPing can continously connect to a given TCP port and will display whether the port is open or closed. Enter HOSTNAME:PORT for the hostname. For example, WebserverA:80
• Option to log everything to a text file.
• Option to send email alerts. Each time a host goes up or down, you will receive an email.
• Favorites system. Easily save and recall sets of hosts at any time.
• FAST built-in trace route utility.
• A simple built-in packet generator / stress tester for flooding a specific host
vmPing 1.3.17 (3 MB)