ThrottleStop – is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the three main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many laptop computers.The left side of ThrottleStop contains a variety of options which can be used to bypass CPU throttling and on the right side is a Monitoring panel that shows you the current state of each thread on your CPU.
Some laptops are using clock modulation and multiplier reductions to lower the performance and power consumption of your computer. This is done deliberately to either allow your computer to run cooler or to allow your laptop to operate with a power adapter that is not sufficient to fully power your laptop and recharge its battery at the same time.
When using ThrottleStop, it is strongly recommended to monitor power consumption at the wall with a Kill-a-Watt meter or similar device and make sure that you don’t exceed the power capabilities of your power adapter. Use of ThrottleStop to bypass these throttling schemes is at your own risk and can result in permanent damage to your power adapter or computer or both which may not be covered by your warranty.
* Added access to the default Windows power options.
* Restored Windows 7 compatibility.
* Fixed C0% reporting 0.0 for all threads on some CPUs.
* Updated TS Bench test with random MHz option.
* Fixed BCLK MHz reporting when using Core Isolation.
* Added support for devices that use connected standby.
* Added reporting of suspend / resume times to the log file.
* Removed auto BCLK updates when resuming.
* Fixed GDI handle leak.
* New color and font options.
* New black notification area icon option.
* New option to remove the title bar.
* Removed PROCHOT indicator box.
ThrottleStop 9.4 (4 MB)