SmartDrive-Wiz – is a hard disk monitoring application ready to help you keep an eye on your hardware devices and predict minor problems or failures in due time.
It works with various storage devices, be it HDDs, SSDs, mSATA, eMMC flash drives, allowing you to run tests to find errors and evaluate the hard drive’s performance.
Reveals key information about the connected storage devices
• The main window comprises relevant information about the computer’s hard disk, including the manufacturer’s name, the model and other technical details, such as the firmware, the serial number and the used file system. Even more details are available in the “Drive info” section, where you can also read about the device controller, the media type and the SATA interface.
• Moreover, it displays the occupied and the available storage space, size and capacity, the rotation rate, the amount of written data, the temperature and the drive health status, as assessed by the application. SmartDrive-Wiz runs a S.M.A.R.T. analysis on the hard disks, providing a report that contains various attributes, which determine the reliability of the hardware piece.
Run self-tests to evaluate the health of the hard disks
• The operating conditions of the hard disk can be evaluated by running self-tests with SmartDrive-Wiz. There are multiple options to choose from in this case, namely offline tests, short, extended or conveyance tests, each with its own characteristics.
• The offline test checks the hard disk for errors and extracts the S.M.A.R.T. attributes but it should be run when the computer is idle.
• Short tests target the read and write performance of the hard disk, evaluating the buffer RAM and the read/write head elements by scanning small sections of the disk. Extended tests do the same, but by scanning the entire disk, without the limits imposed by short tests.
• Last but not least, on ATA drives you can run conveyance tests, meant to detect damage of the physical drive during transportation. Aside from the above self-tests, SmartDrive-Wiz can run a hard disk benchmark test and evaluate the disk’s transfer rate.
Advanced options and secure file eraser
• SmartDrive-Wiz also features advanced hard disk power management options, offering full control over the behavior of the hard disks inside your PC. It comes with S.M.A.R.T. and cache-related controls, as well as an integrated secure deletion tool to help you get rid of the files you no longer need and make them impossible to recover.
A hard disk monitoring and testing tool
• SmartDrive-Wiz allows the monitoring of your hard disk and the on-going evaluation of its health. It is an all-in-one utility that not only offers information about the hard disk’s properties but it also allows you to run tests to assess its performance and its reliability.
SmartDrive-Wiz 1.1.2 (5 MB)