RMPrepUSB – allows the Windows user to easily and quickly ‘roll their own’ multiboot USB drive. It allows the user to quickly test, partition, format, install a boot manager, extract or copy files and then test a multiboot (aka multipass) USB bootable drive.
It can also make or restore an image and much more. Multiboot ‘point-and-shoot’ utilities like YUMI or XBOOT are excellent, however they don’t support every different ISO or image. You will learn to enjoy making your own personal multiboot drive using RMPrepUSB!
• Safe – it only lists USB drives that are less than 128GB in size by default so you cannot accidentally format your USB backup drive or internal hard disk
• Instead of using dd to copy an image to a drive (which can be risky if you choose the wrong drive!) use RMPrepUSB.
• Compatible – RMPrepUSB uses special boot code patches and partition arrangements to give your USB drive the best chance of booting on a wide variety of different PCs
• Fast – formatting is quick. A special FAT32 layout is used which improves write speeds to your USB drive by as much as 10% or more.
• Flexible – you can install a variety of different bootloaders and perform all the actions normally required to make a bootable USB drive within RMPrepUSB.
• Test Environment – you can test that your USB drive boots using QEMU before you try boot it from a real system.