Phoner – is a simple to use application that enables you to make phone calls to landlines, cell phones and VOIP applications. Connected to a subscriber line as a SIP client, it can easily play the role of a softphone for your PC or laptop. It supports VOIP/SIP, CAPI and TAPI modes.
This means that you can use the application to make phone calls over an IP connection and if your PC is connected to a private branch exchange or public switched telephone network then you can use all the CAPI services.
Phoner displays a more than comprehensive interface that makes it accessible to users of all levels of experience and ages. Being a phone, to dial the number you want to call, you enter it using a classic push button dialer. You also get to add numbers to a phone book that is provided by the application. This comes in handy when you are typing a number and you want the application to provide you with the rest of the number without having to go through the entire phone book.
The application is also well structured, granting you quick access to all its main functions from the main window. It’s from there that you can change the connection mode, playback voice messages, activate the answering machine and adjust the volumes for the microphone and speakers.
Just like with an actual phone, the application enables you to send text messages as well as emails and keep a logbook of all the incoming and outgoing calls. It is capable of displaying the dialed number, type of call and of course start and end times.
In closing, Phoner is a nice and reliable tool that can help you connect with just about anyone that has an internet connection or a phone line.
• Display of caller ID
• Phone book (assignment caller ID to name)
• Import of Outlook contacts
• Individual announcements in answering mashine (per caller, called number)
• Individual ring tones (per caller)
• Drag&drop handling
• Log book
• Answering mashine with remote enquiry
• Incoming calls: identifiy, accept, reject or ignore
• Sending of SMS to mobile phones
• Sending emails with built-in SMTP client
• Recording of actual call
• ISDN supplementary services (id supported by CAPI)
• Multiple calls (HOLD)
• Terminal portability (TP)
• Call transfer (ECT)
• 3 party conference (3PTY)
• Call diversion (FORWARD)
• Call deflection (CD)
• Call completion (CCBS and CCNR)
• Message Waiting Indication (MWI)
• EarlyB3Connect (tones from trunk line)
• D-channel monitoring (AVM equipment only)
• Network support due to integrated web server
• TTS (Text-To-Speech) as SMS alternative
• Built-in COM-Server for 3rd party control
• Line Interconnect (Transfer over 2nd B-channel)
• VoIP support for SIP connections
• Supported codecs: G.711 (A-Law and u-Law), GSM, iLBC and Speex
• STUN support for NAT/firewalls
• Search using ENUM
Phoner 3.23 (17 MB)
This post was recently updated on March 10, 2021