PeStudio – is a unique tool that performs the static investigation of 32-bit and 64-bit executable. Malicious executable often attempts to hide its malicious behavior and to evade detection. In doing so, it generally presents anomalies and suspicious patterns. The goal of PEStudio is to detect these anomalies, provide Indicators and score the Trust for the executable being analyzed. Since the executable file being analyzed is never started, you can inspect any unknown or malicious executable with no risk.
• all libraries that are used by an application.
• all functions that are imported by an application.
• all functions (also anonymous) that are exported by an application.
• all functions that are forwarded to other libraries.
• Obsolete Functions that are exported and imported by an application
• whether the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Windows security mechanism is used.
• whether the Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) Windows security mechanism is used.
• whether Structured Exception Handling – SEH Windows security mechanism is used
• whether some sections are compressed.