Java SE Runtime Environment / Development Kit – allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D. These applications, written in the Java programming language and access from your browse, are called applets. Corporations also use Java applets for intranet applications and other e-business solutions. Java is used by companies in all major industries. Whether deployed on cell phones, embedded devices, game consoles, laptops, or in datacenters,
Java offers the rich user interface, performance, versatility, portability, and security that today’s networked applications require. Java Platform Standard Edition software is the premier platform for rapidly developing and deploying secure, portable applications that run on server and desktop systems spanning most operating systems.
• Write software on one platform and run it on practically any other platform
• Create programs to run within a web browser and web services
• Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
• Combine Java technology-based applications or services to create highly customized applications or services
• Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost consumer products, and practically any device with a digital heartbeat
Java is one of the most popular application platforms on the planet. Which version of Java is right for you?
• Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) is the best platform for development of desktop, server and high-end embedded devices, and it is the most versatile runtime for Java as well as many other languages.
• Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) is the best software for resource-constrained embedded devices and has seen widespread deployment across mobile handsets and digital television devices.
• Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) is the standard for delivering secure, robust, scalable, multi-platform applications and services across the enterprise, from server and desktop applications to wireless and wireline applications.