Intel SSD Data Center Tool – is a drive management tool for SSDs in the Intel® SSD Data Center Family. It provides the following key features for both SATA- and PCIe*-based
Data Center Intel SSDs
• Detect PCIe/NVMe- and SATA-based Intel® SSD Data Center devices attached to a host system.
• Parse an Intel SSD’s Identify Device information.
• Parse an Intel SSD’s SMART (Self-Monitoring and Reporting Technology) information.
• Resize the Intel SSD’s usable storage capacity by changing its maximum LBA setting.
• Update Intel SSD firmware:
• The tool carries a firmware payload for all supported drives.
• When drive information is displayed, the tool will indicate if a new firmware release is available.
• The tool doesn’t update firmware on Engineering Sample (ES) drives.
• Calculate drive life expectancy (Endurance Analyzer feature).
• Enable/Disable Latency Tracking.
• Parse read and write commands Latency Tracking logs.
• Read and/or modify the SM Bus Address for PCIe NVMe family drives.
• Set the Power Governor Mode (vendor unique feature). Three Modes are supported:
• 0: 25-watts for PCIe NVMe devices; 40-watts for PCIe NVMe x8 devices; unconstrained for SATA devices
• 1: 20-watts for PCIe NVMe devices; 35-watts for PCIe NVMe x8 devices; typical (7-watts) for SATA devices
• 2: 10-watts for PCIe NVMe devices; 25-watts for PCIe NVMe x8 devices; low (5-watts) for SATA devices.
• The Intel SSD Data Center Tool features a Command Line Interface (CLI) for both Windows* and Linux*.