Infonautics File Date Corrector – This is a useful program to correct ‘Date Created’ and ‘Date Modified’ and Restore Original Creation Date. You set up your new computer and all imported files on your new hard disk have now a wrong “Date Created”.
For many applications it is important that the system displays the original creation and modification dates of the files. In particular what legal documents concerns, the original Date Created is of importance.
Also when sorting your pictures, the original “Date Taken” is needed in order to document your reportage in the correct time sequence.
• Election of dates to be corrected: “Created” and/or “Modified”.
• Selection of information sources, separately for dates “Created” and “Modified”:
• Meta information of files, documents, images (EXIF, IPTC, XMP), meta information of audio/video (only the date “Recorded” is available because audio and video have no modification date), extraction of the file date from the filename, fixed date and time.
• Possibility to search at all sources at the same time and to set their priority.
• Selection of starting directory for the corrections by a tree structure.
• Selection of starting directory by entering the path as a text string.
• Optional processing of subdirectories (Run through subdirectories).
• Apply the proposed corrections effectively.
• Automatic consideration of daylight saving time.
• Automatic saving of settings when exiting the program.
• Automatic set up of a program shortcut on the desktop.
• Support for connecting and disconnecting network drives.
• Creation of a log file for the actually applied corrections.
Infonautics File Date Corrector 1.61 Portable (8 MB)
This post was recently updated on August 17, 2020