Hard Configurator – is a graphical user interface for advanced users only to manage Software Restriction Policies (SRP) and harden Windows Home editions from Vista up.
This program can configure Windows built-in security to harden the system. When you close Hard_Configurator, it closes all its processes. The real-time protection comes from the reconfigured Windows settings.
Hard_Configurator can be seen as a Medium Integrity Level smart default-deny setup, which is based on SRP + Application Reputation Service (forced SmartScreen) + Windows hardening settings (restricting vulnerable features).
• Enabling Software Restriction Policies in Windows Home editions.
• Changing SRP Security Levels, Enforcement options, and Designated File Types.
• Whitelisting files in SRP by path (also with wildcards) and by hash.
• Blocking vulnerable system executables via SRP (Bouncer blacklist).
• Protecting (deny execution) writable subfolders in “C:Windows” folder (via SRP).
• Restricting shortcut execution to some folders only (via SRP).
• Enabling Windows Defender advanced settings, like PUA protection, ASR rules, Network Protection, etc.
• Protecting against weaponized documents, when MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader XI/DC are used to open them.
• Enabling “Run as administrator” for MSI files.
• Disabling PowerShell script execution (Windows 7+).
• Securing PowerShell by Constrained Language mode (SRP, PowerShell 5.0+)
• Disabling execution of scripts managed by Windows Script Host.
• Removing “Run As Administrator” option from the Explorer right-clicks context menu.
• Forcing SmartScreen check for files without ‘Mark Of The Web’ (Windows 8+).
• Disabling Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, Remote Shell, and Remote Registry.
• Disabling execution of 16-bit applications.
• Securing Shell Extensions.
• Disabling SMB protocols.
• Disabling program elevation on Standard User Account.
• Disabling Cached Logons.
• Forcing the Secure Attention Sequence before the User Account Control prompt.
• Filtering Windows Event Log for blocked file execution events (Nirsoft FullEventLogView).
• Filtering autoruns from the User Space, and script autoruns from anywhere (Sysinternals Autoruns).
• Enabling & Filtering Advanced SRP logging.
• Turning ON/OFF all the above restrictions.
• Restoring Windows Defaults.
• Making System Restore Point.
• Using predefined setting profiles for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
• Saving the chosen restrictions as a profile, and restoring when needed.
• Backup management for Profile Base (whitelist profiles and setting profiles).
• Changing GUI skin.
• Updating application.
• Uninstalling application (Windows defaults restored).
Hard Configurator 184.108.40.206 (15 MB)