GPT fdisk – is a disk partitioning tool similar to Linux fdisk but used for modifying GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks. The related FixParts utility fixes some common problems on Master Boot Record (MBR) disks.
GPT fdisk (consisting of the gdisk, cgdisk, sgdisk, and fixparts programs) is a set of text-mode partitioning tools for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Windows. The gdisk, cgdisk, and sgdisk programs work on Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) Partition Table (GPT) disks, rather than on the older (and once more common) Master Boot Record (MBR) partition tables. The fixparts program repairs certain types of damage to MBR disks and enables changing partition types from primary to logical and vice-versa.
• Edit GUID partition table (GPT) definitions in Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS X, or Windows
• Convert MBR to GPT without data loss
• Convert BSD disklabels to GPT without data loss
• Create hybrid MBR or convert GPT to MBR without data loss
• Repair damaged GPT data structures
• Repair damaged MBR data structures (FixParts)
GPT fdisk 1.0.8 (3 MB)