gImageReader – The program is an application for recognising text in images/pictures or PDF documents and extracting it to your selected output format for editing. It’s easy to import your image/picture or PDF document into the gImageReader program. Extracting selected text from it can be done in a couple of clicks.
Users will find the tool highly valuable, as it allows a full and intuitive access to a powerful OCR application.
The program allows several operations on the source documents. These include rotating views by 90 degrees, zooming in or out, as well as modifying basic image controls. Adjusting the brightness and contrast is a great addition, as is the resolution modifier, which can be employed to improve the visibility of some files.
Processing documents is performed with a simple click on the “Recognize all English” topside button. The output text is dumped in a small panel beside the source document and users are free to perform adjustments, as well as to double check the process.
• Automatic page layout detection
• User can manually define and adjust recognition regions
• Import images/pictures from disk, scanning devices, clipboard and screenshots
• Supports multipage PDF documents
• Recognized text displayed directly next to the image
• Basic editing of output text, including search/replace and removing line breaks
• Spellchecking for output text (if corresponding dictionary installed)
gImageReader v3.3.1 (63 MB)