Bella Render GUI – is a spectral render engine which models the complexities of optical physics in ways that are both as correct as possible, and which are yet made intuitive and accessible.
Simplicity is a key focus of Bella. The Bella solvers have no obscure non-physical parameters, such that there is very little to learn, and very little trial and error involved in rendering any particular scene.
• Bella works in spectral space, allowing effects such as BSDF wavelength dependency, diffraction, or atmosphere to be modeled far more accurately than in color space.
• Bella’s Apollo solver is capable of solving caustics through specular surfaces, for accurate rendering of swimming-pool caustics, caustics seen through windows, emitters enclosed in glass, etc.
• Bella’s licensing is uncommonly — and deliberately — customer-centric. Both licenses (seat and node) are floating, permanent, and designed to be trouble-free.
• Bella’s materials provide real layers with inner subsurface scattering. Light interacts physically with the substrate, the layer, and thin films, in a very efficient way.
• The Thin Film node, which may be applied to a material layer or substrate, simulates a nanometer-scale film, providing physically-accurate iridescence.
• The nested priority feature in Bella materials allows correct and convenient rendering of intersecting dielectric (i.e. glass, liquid) volumes.
Bella Render GUI 18.104.22.168 Portable (68 MB)
This post was recently updated on June 9, 2021